Numerosi gli aggiornamenti della R2 di Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition GDR, rilasciata nei giorni scorsi. Oltre al supporto completo a SQL Server 2008, sono state apportate le seguenti migliorie:
- Aliased external objects do not resolve
- Permission type "SEND" is a database level permission
- Permissions with multiple INCLUDE or EXCLUDE treatment on its columns generates invalid error
- Common Table Expressions (CTE) names should respect the model case-sensitivity
- Adding a permission with the object name defined as a zero length string crashes VS
- OpenXML() generates invalid warnings or errors in SQL Server 2000 database projects
- Sub-queries defined at the column level should be able to reference table sources of the SELECT statement
- References to some SQL-CLR Assemblies cannot be resolved causing invalid reference errors
- Schema bound VIEWs containing a CAST function produce invalid error
- Validation of Database.sqlpermissions is very slow
- Visual Studio crashes when comparing a composite project (which has reference to server project) to a database on server with insufficient privileges.
- Schema Compare option to limit comparison to only objects defined in the source does not work.
- Schema Compare option to ignore Database Role Membership does not work.
- Schema compare write updates to project comments out all children objects when the parent object is ignored in the comparison.
- Preservation of Intent doesn’t handle creating a new object using a name that was previously rename refactored.
- Deployment fails after a rename refactoring operation on a table that has an extended property on a column.
T-SQL Static Code Analysis
- SR0014: Maintain compatibility between data types rule throws an exception when analyzing some schemas.
- Some output clauses for parameters in a STORED PROCEDURE body are omitted during deployment.
- Composite Projects that have segmented tables and constraints causes an exception during deployment.
- Deployment silently fails when it encounters unknown or invalid syntax from the target database.
- Deployment is dropping computed columns when updating column collations
- Deployment is blocked when computed persisted function column on function change.
- Deployment fails with "An item with the same key has already been added" after the project is copied to a new location on disk or when the solution configuration is changed with a specific sequence.
VSDBCMD Command Line Utility
- VSDBCMD.exe throws exception when importing some database schemas.
- VSDBCMD.exe throws exception when schema being deployed has multiple references to external .DBSCHEMA files.
- VSDBCMD.exe exits incorrectly with code=0 when it encounters an unexpected exception.
- VSDBCMD.exe depends on a registry key which prevents it from running on systems that do not have SSMS or VS installed.
Database Project System
- SQLCMD Variables and Deployment properties files are not being persisted in the .user file when "My isolated development environment" is selected.
- ALTER ANY DATABASE AUDIT and ALTER ANY SERVER AUDIT permissions are not imported from script.
- Copying a solution containing a database project with database references to external dbschema files to a new location may causes deployment to encounter an exception.
La versione del prodotto viene aggiornata al numero 9.1.40413.00
La release si può scaricare da qui:
Tutti i dettagli sui miglioramente posso essere approfonditi qui: